pppd and modem configuration

 Hello,

I have a litle  trouble running ppp link on my debian machine.
I can establish connection normally, use it and terminate. But
when I attempt to start connection second time, my chatscript
fails because it recieves "NO CARRIER" instead of OK on modem init.
I think it comes from my previous session termination and modem hangup, but why it isn't discarded.
 It is external USR courier initialized for hardware flow control (at&f1&w),
chat script just reset it with (atz). Here is my option adn peer file:

lexa:/etc/ppp# egrep -v -e '(^#)|(^$)' peers/mtc
noauth
connect "/usr/sbin/chat -f /etc/chatscripts/mtc"
crtscts
modem
defaultroute
0:x.x.x.1
ipcp-accept-local
ipcp-accept-remote
name xx
noccp
/dev/ttyS0
115200
debug
nodetach

lexa:/etc/ppp# egrep -v -e '(^#)|(^$)' options
asyncmap 0
auth
crtscts
lock
hide-password
modem
noproxyarp
lcp-echo-interval 30
lcp-echo-failure 4
noipx

--

  Best regards,
  Alexey Chetroi

---
Smile... Tomorrow will be worse.   (c) Murphy's law