Re: pppd and modem configuration

On Thursday 22 August 2002 06:40 am, Alexey Chetroi wrote:
>  Hello,
>
> I have a litle  trouble running ppp link on my debian machine.
> I can establish connection normally, use it and terminate. But
> when I attempt to start connection second time, my chatscript
> fails because it recieves "NO CARRIER" instead of OK on modem init.
> I think it comes from my previous session termination and modem
> hangup, but why it isn't discarded. It is external USR courier
> initialized for hardware flow control (at&f1&w), chat script just
> reset it with (atz). Here is my option adn peer file:

Can you add another atz OK in your modem init which may fix things up
for you?  If you use pon/poff you can edit /etc/chatscript/mtc and add
in the extra atz OK similar to what I have:

 more /etc/chatscripts/provider
# This chatfile was generated by pppconfig 2.0.10.
# Please do not delete any of the comments.  Pppconfig needs them.
#
# ispauth PAP
# abortstring
ABORT BUSY ABORT 'NO CARRIER' ABORT VOICE ABORT 'NO DIALTONE' ABORT 'NO
DIAL TONE' ABORT 'NO ANSWER' ABORT DELAYED
# modeminit
'' 'ATZ' OK ATZ OK ATM0
# ispnumber
<snip>