Broken Packages

I've been running Debian 2.2 for some time on a machine where I had apache
installed plus a number of other items. The other day I attempted to install
the qt package which seems to have hosed up my system. I now have a number
of broken packages which I can not seem to get fixed. The following is the
result of doing a package audit:

The following packages are in a mess due to serious problems during
installation.  They must be reinstalled for them (and any packages
that depend on them) to function properly:
 libc6                GNU C Library: Shared libraries and Timezone data

The following packages have been unpacked but not yet configured.
They must be configured using dpkg --configure or the configure
menu option in dselect for them to work:
 dialog               Displays user-friendly dialog boxes from shell scripts
 libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2 The GNU stdc++ library
 perl-5.005-base      Transitional package.
 g++                  The GNU C++ compiler.
 g++-2.95             The GNU C++ compiler.
 debconf-tiny         dummy package for upgrade purposes
 cpp-2.95             The GNU C preprocessor.
 gcc-2.95             The GNU C compiler.
 perl                 Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language.
 perl-modules         Core Perl modules.
 binutils             The GNU assembler, linker and binary utilities.
 cpp                  The GNU C preprocessor.
 perl-5.005           Transitional package.
 libperl5.6           Shared Perl library.
 libc6-dev            GNU C Library: Development Libraries and Header Files.
 libstdc++2.10-dev    The GNU stdc++ library (development files)
 gcc                  The GNU C compiler.

The following packages are only half configured, probably due to problems
configuring them the first time.  The configuration should be retried using
dpkg --configure <package> or the configure menu option in dselect:
 gmc                  Midnight Commander - A powerful file manager. - Gnome
ver
 xemacs21-mule        Editor and kitchen sink -- Mule binary

What is the best approach to get things straightened out? Running "Fix
Broken" from gnome-apt fails.

Thanks
Bruce

Bruce W. Bodnyk