Re: DSL Problems back (after apt-get upgrade)

Phil Beder wrote:
You all got me up and running with my DSL line yesterday,
 and I got my system upgraded.  After the apt-get upgrade,
  I've taken 1 step backward.

My Nic is recognized at boot howeverit does not pick-up its
 IP address.  I've checked the /etc/network/interfaces
  file and it seems fine.  the /etc/resolv.conf has the
same information as yesterday.
In addition my man pagesd don't work.  what did I do
 wrong??
Do I need to reinstall?

OK... need the following info.  I will try to explain why as I go along.

1. What did you "upgrade"? (kernel 2.2.20 --> 2.4.18 perhaps? needed for next question. Also am looking for info on what changed, in general, here)

2. Which NIC do you have? (the module for the RealTek8139 chipsets changed between the two kernels. In 2.4.XX kernels it is the 8139too.o module).

3.  If the above don't get you going, then what does "ifconfig" say now?

4.  "" "" "", then what does "route" say now?

5.  "" "" "", then what does "lsmod" say now?

6.  "" "" "", then what does "lspci" say now?

I can't answer the question about man right now. A better explaination of the steps you did up to this point would help also.

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-