Re: Problem with mutt and "N" message flag

* Jeffrey Chimene (use@reply.to) [020818 11:17]:
> Hall:
>
> You mentioned you use a mailbox watcher; the mutt documentation sez:
>
> Note: new mail is detected by comparing the last modification time to
> the last access time.  Utilities like biff or frm or any other program
> which accesses the mailbox might cause Mutt to never detect new mail
> for that mailbox if they do not properly reset the access time.
> Backup tools are another common reason for updated access times.

Good point... I recall this being brought up before too. I'm currently
switching between my old, familiar Enlightenment, with no mailbox
watcher, and Sawfish, which has one in the gnome panel. I'll see how it
goes with E and no "watcher" for a while.

Hall