Contents of a bootable cdrom invisible

I have a cdrom which can boot a system, but when mounted on an
already running system only appears to have a text file.

Is the hidden content of this cdrom possibly on an UDF filesystem?
What other options should I explore?

I can't mount a disc with type udf since the kernel doesn't seem to
support it. Most of the info I have found concerns packet-writing.

However it appears to me that Debian has no support in the kernel or
as a module. If necessary if will try to compile a kernel or module
myself, but I have never done that before and besides I am not sure
if udf support will help solve my initial problem.

Bob