Re: Kernel Compilation!!!

vellore satyanarayanan somasundaram said:
> Hi Friends,
>
>   I compiled the kernel in woody(2.4.10). In that process, I did
> not select anything to be loaded as a module. But when I rebooted  the
> machine the kernel complains "cannot load module smbfs.o". But  I have no
> problem in using smb. What should I do to stop this
> warning message from appearing when booting?

First place I would check is /etc/modules

if it's not there..then something else is trying to load it..
such as a script in /etc/init.d(which I think is unlikely).

or you may have a entry in /etc/fstab which is a SMB mount
and when the filesystems mount it tries to load the module
to support it ..

nate