Re: qmail

On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 09:49:55AM -0500, Jacob S. wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 01:37:48 -0700
> Chris Jantzen <chris@maybe.net> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 03:09:30AM -0500, David Bell wrote:
> > > Is the subnet of the client computer in Qmail's accept list?  ...I
> > > can't remember exactly how to do that -- I use postfix. ;)

> > Excuse me for being late here.
> >
> > You need to set the RELAYCLIENT environment variable.
> >
> > Do this in your tcprules, wherever that may be. Add a line similar to:
> >
> > 192.168.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
> >
> > in the file for your particular subnet and rebuild your tcprules. This
> > will allow your local subnet to relay through your MTA.
>
> Sorry for the dumb question, but can someone point me to where I could
> find the tcprules? I've read so much documentation and config files
> lately that I can't remember.

The FAQ suggests /etc/tcp.smtp, I use /etc/tcprules/smtp, there doesn't
appear to be a solid standard on this issue. You'll have to follow your
startup files to find it, I would guess. Try "ps ax | grep tcpserver"
and look at the -x parameter. We'll take mine as an example,

$ cd /etc/tcprules
$ vi smtp
$ tcprules smtp.cdb smtp.tmp < smtp

is how you would edit the rules and rebuild them.

--
chris jantzen kb7rnl =->         __O
Insert witty comment here.     _`\<,_