Console Error Message: "keyboard: unknown e1 escape sequence"

Hello all,
   I have a Logitech cordless keyboard/mouse and get the "keyboard: unknown e1 escape sequence" message quite frequently when on the
console.

I have these boxes connected to a KVM switch and about 5 boxes connected:
   The boxes running potato with 2.2.14 kernel never show this message.
   The boxes running woody with 2.4.18 kernel give this message on the console frequently depending on how much I'm typing.

I searched the email archives and found the error, but nobody had any fixes for it.

Is there any new ideas? Does anybody have any ideas on how to get rid of this?  Or why it's happening?  Does it have anything to do
with keyboard maps?

Thanks for any help,
   ---Dean.

--