Re: Woody & network errors

>> ^^^ this should read 'force full duplex or half duplex or force
10mbit or
>> force 100mbit etc..' instead of just the word 'for'. not sure why I
didn't
>> write the rest..I think i did then backspaced too much or
something*shrug*

Looks like either too much, or not enough caffiene.  :)
No, there's nothing extra.  Just whatever Potato left or Woody upgraded.

But on that same note, there is also a new message displayed at boot up
that might be a related issue.  This message is also displayed anytime
the eth0 interface is brought up manually with ifup or ifconfig:

eth0: Setting half-duplex based on auto-negotiated partner ability 0000.

That message isn't displayed on non-Woody boxes, and I'm not sure who
the partner is.  All machines on the net, including the router, have
100mb
NIC's, and AFAIK are running full duplex.   And to muddy the waters even

further, I took a test machine with Woody back down to a 2.2.18 kernel
and
the same thing happens as far as messages and errors racking up quickly
on eth0.  Another interesting point, all the errors are on  the RX
(receive)
side of the fence.  Since it doesn't seem to be having an adverse effect
from
a user stand point, I may take a 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'
attitude for now.  :)