Re: galeon font-aa problem

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 07:58:31PM -0600, Cameron Matheson wrote:
> I'm having some problems w/ font-aa in galeon.  In mozilla my pages are
> now quite beautifully rendered after setting up freetype font-aa.
> Unfortunately this is not the case w/ galeon.  At first i had no font-aa
> at all, but by adding the font options in /etc/mozilla/prefs.js to
> ~/.galeon/mozilla/galeon/prefs.js i was able to get font-aa in *some*
> pages.  I'm not sure what determines what pages are rendered in font-aa
> w/ galeon.  Google, Userfriendly, etc all work fine, but many pages
> (including slashdot), are not antialiased at all... anyone know what
> could be going on?

AA only works for some types of fonts (TT and Type 1, IIRC), so perhaps
the web pages are specifying a font that you don't have available in
one of those formats.

The real solution is for these sites to stop being stupid and requesting
particular fonts, but a workaround is to tell Galeon to use your fonts
and your fonts only.  Can't remember the exact option name, but it's in
the font tab of the preferences dialog.

-rob