Re: Sharing .deb archives

On Mon, 2002-08-05 at 22:06, Jacob S. wrote:
[...]
> each file and then run dpkg to install it. Someone suggested I use
> apt-proxy, so now I'm reading documentation and trying to set that up.

I have heard apt-proxy is not really stable and non-trivial to set up
correctly. I've had success with apt-cacher, it's much easier to set up
(it just requires a running apache on the would-be mirror, but that was
no problem in my case. After that, it's just 'fire-and-forget'
software.).

You'll have to google for it, it's not yet in the archive, but should
make it's way into Debian RSN(tm).

There's also apt-cached and apt-proxy2 and I think even another such
tool, they all basically do the same. The apt-cacher homepage will tell
you something about it, iirc.

cheers
-- vbi

--