Re: Sharing .deb archives

Actually, I have NFS setup and working, but not ftp. I uninstalled
the ftp server a while ago. :-)

I was thinking of something that would allow apt-get to use the
packages on a client machine, from my debian box, w/o having to copy
each file and then run dpkg to install it. Someone suggested I use
apt-proxy, so now I'm reading documentation and trying to set that up.

Thanks!
Jacob

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002 15:15:18 -0400 (EDT)
Patrick Wiseman <pwiseman@mindspring.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Jacob S. wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know how I could share the archive of downloaded .deb
> > files on my computer, with the other 4 debian boxes I have on my
> > internal lan at my house?
>
> NFS?
>
> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/NFS-HOWTO/
>
> ftp?
>
> The latter might be easier as you may well already have an ftp server.
>
> Patrick
>
> --
> Patrick Wiseman
> pwiseman@mindspring.com
> Linux user #17943

-----
In a world without fences, who needs Gates?

http://www.linux.org/