USB Visor problems

I'm trying to get my Visor to sync over USB and am having problems. I read
the documents at http://usbvisor.sourceforge.net/index.php3, but they
don't seem to help with my situation.

Here's what I've done ... I've loaded the usbcore, usbserial, usb-uhci,
and visor modules.  I've created nodes for ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1 according
to the documents at usbvisor.  I push the button on my pilot and run
coldsync ... it asks me to push the hotsync button.  I know that it's
detecting something because while the visor is attempt to sync, KDE shows
the Handspring Visor USB device (also, usbview shows it, too).  Coldsync
and pilot-xfer seem to be able to tell the visor is there, too -- but
they're not talking to it (I can tell they know it's there because they
give a different message if the button is not pressed before running
them).

Any ideas?

Just for kicks, I tried devfs.  I typed mount -t devfs - /dev and noticed
that there's a /dev/usb/ directory which is empty until I push the hotsync
button. Then there are /dev/usb/tts/0 and /dev/usb/tts/1.  If I try to
sync against these ports, I get permission denied ...

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jen