Re: USB Visor problems

jennyw said:
> I'm trying to get my Visor to sync over USB and am having problems. I
> read  the documents at http://usbvisor.sourceforge.net/index.php3, but
> they  don't seem to help with my situation.
>
> Here's what I've done ... I've loaded the usbcore, usbserial, usb-uhci,
> and visor modules.  I've created nodes for ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1 according
> to the documents at usbvisor.  I push the button on my pilot and run

> Any ideas?

how long inbetween you hitting the button on the visor to you starting
the program to transfer? i would wait about 2-3 seconds otherwise it
may not come up.

also check to be sure your USB does not have any IRQ conflicts or anything,
on my thinkpad t20 I cannot sync my visor if my sound driver modules
are loaded since for some reason they use the same IRQ(USB mouse works
though).

i usually use raw pilot-xfer. I remmeber having to use coldsync when
i first got my visor about 2 years ago, but haven't had to use it
for a real long time. also of course be sure you have read/write
access to the ttyUSB device.

also try both ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1, for me even though the visor shows
up on both ports when it connects, only one of the 2 ports work
(I think it was USB1 but its been a while).

you can also try jpilot, when i first started using my visor
2 years ago i used it and in it there was an option to set the
baud rate, only a couple baud rates worked for me the rest did
not.

all my systems are 2.2.19, so if your using 2.4.x. the issues may
be totally different .......!

good luck!!

nate
(visor deluxe and visor prism owner)