Re: OT: What do Deb-heads do for recreation

I hand-rear baby pigeons that have fallen out of the nest etc. Dead easy if
they're over a week old. Newly hatched ones are harder, you need to keep
them at 35 deg C and feed them on soya protein and dairy-free marge (milk
products kill them quite fast).
I have a hand-reared adult pigeon as a companion. She sleeps on my bed and
likes to stick her beak in my mouth. Her name is Whatsherface.
I talk about Jah and the Bible with my friends.
I listen to music: mainly rock and reggae, but I like most styles except
modern dance/club etc.
I occasionally design audio amplifiers; my current project is a 100W Class B
with distortion levels well under 0.001%, but not ready to be "released" yet
as it tends to go unstable when driven into clipping.
I like to walk in the hills and take photographs as I go, though I don't get
to do this very often.
There seem to be a lot of two-wheel people here! I ride a bicycle and try
not to be killed by the amazingly unintelligent people who drive cars. From
other people's posts it seems that the US and UK are about the same for this
problem! My average of being knocked off about once a year and having
bicycles stolen at about the same rate has dropped right down since I
discovered Jah. Praise the Lord!
I like weird machinery especially with a railway connection. Anyone who
shares this interest or that in ultra-low distortion amplifiers should visit
www.dself.demon.co.uk. Doug Self is probably the greatest living expert on
low distortion (because all his methods have a mathematically sound basis,
unlike the vast majority of so-called hi-fi "experts") and he also has a
wonderful collection of info on peculiar locomotives (eg. diesel with
pneumatic transmission), and road vehicles with unusual layouts (eg. one
wheel that you sit inside - with video clip; two wheels side by side...).
I have a long-term project to design a motorcycle with hub-centre steering,
continuously variable hydraulic transmission and a V-twin supercharged
two-stroke diesel engine. One reason for my Linux interest is the need for
thermodynamic simulation software to design this engine. Overall weight and
power output will be roughly equivalent to a big Guzzi.
Interesting to see a glimpse of some of the real people behind the computer
talk.

Pigeon