Re: Network configuration file

Russell wrote:
Johan Ehnberg wrote:

Adam Majer wrote:

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 01:02:57PM +1000, Russell wrote:

If you want to connect to your ISP, just use DHCP or PPP which
configures all of this stuff for you.

If you want your own network and other things, first read the
Networking HOWTO.

- Adam

The /etc/network/interfaces is the main config file used when interfaces
are brought up.
'man interfaces' gives you all the info you need.

I'm a bit confused now. It seems you can use ifup/ifdown to read the
"interfaces" file. Do you manually edit the interfaces file, or is
there a configuration program for it? Is there a debian book
explaining all this?

There might be a config program for it, but it's very easy to edit yourself, that is the normal way as far as I know.

Look in

http://www.debian.org/doc/

for docs.

--