Re: Network configuration file

Adam Majer wrote:
On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 01:02:57PM +1000, Russell wrote:

Hi,

I installed Debian 3.0 from the internet a couple of days ago.

I've installed the driver module for the ethernet board.

I've read various books on what files to modify for setting
up host/dns addresses etc.

However, i can't figure out what file to put the "route add...",
"netmask=...", "network=...", "gateway=..." etc configuration
commands in, where the boot-up process reads it.

If you want to connect to your ISP, just use DHCP or PPP which
configures all of this stuff for you.

If you want your own network and other things, first read the Networking HOWTO.

- Adam

The /etc/network/interfaces is the main config file used when interfaces are brought up.
'man interfaces' gives you all the info you need.

--
Johan Ehnberg
johan@ehnberg.net