error in debian linux for sparc disc 1

I don't know if this has been brought up yet - if so I apologize.

I used jigdo to create disc 1 for debian sparc linux 3.0. It boots into SILO but then cannot continue - the /boot/silo.conf file points to /boot/sparc64.gz to continue the boot process. That file does not exist - rather /boot/sparc64 exists. I can get this stage to load by typing /boot/sparc64 at the boot: prompt but it errors out in a kernel panic when it tries to continue. I've done everything I can think of to get it to work.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I could proceed with this?  Many thanks,

-Michael

Michael Dunlap
michael@wu.its.yale.edu
http://wu.wss.yale.edu/~michael