Re: Vi and Emacs

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:18:31 +0200
 <aa@simula.no> wrote:

> If your version of vi is "vim" as it should be, position yourself at
> the beginning of the paragraph and use gq}

Thanks for the speedy response. I am new to vi, but thought it was a skill I should have.

Your comment puzzles me though 'If your version of vi is "vim" as it should be'. Why should it be? I am in fact using nvi, for no other reason than it is the default clone that Debian installs. I want to be able to sit at any linux/unix terminal and at least be guaranteed to be able to use an editor. Why Vim? Why does Debian default to Nvi? What is the "realistic"lowest common denominator on machines?

Keith
--
  Keith O'Connell.			  -o)