Re: Getting rid of a module

Figure out what's using the module and kill it first. In this example:

perrin:/home/aperrin# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by    Tainted: P
i810_audio             20480   0  (unused)
ac97_codec              9568   0  [i810_audio]

ac97_codec is used by i810_audio so:

perrin:/home/aperrin# rmmod ac97_codec
ac97_codec: Device or resource busy

But:

perrin:/home/aperrin# rmmod i810_audio ac97_codec

works fine.

ap

clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu