Re: Removing image from bootup in Woody

John Habermann(j_habermann@tpg.com.au) is reported to have said:
> Just installed Woody on old box using the 2.4 kernel option. When it
> boots up the boot process stalls while the image of Tux is drawn in the
> terminal. Could someone please tell me  how to remove the image from
> the boot sequence. I looked through lilo.conf and couldn't see anything
> there and looked at everything in the /boot directory and couldn't
> figure out where it was coming from. It takes longer to draw this image
> than the whole boot process so I would really like to know how to stop
> it.

Check less /usr/src/linux/.config
 if you have
Frame-buffer support
#
CONFIG_FB=y   <--- Enabled

Disable it and recompile the kernel.

In your lilo.conf put VGA= ask

:-) HTH, YMMV, HAND :-)

--
You know you've been spending too much time on the computer when your
friend misdates a check, and you suggest adding a "++" to fix it.