Re: Apache / libdb2 error

On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 11:18:30PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 01:30:02PM -0700, Mike Orr wrote:
> > I did my periodic dselect upgrade and Apache broke.
> >
> > # /etc/init.d/apache start
> > Starting web server: apache/usr/sbin/apache: error while loading shared
> > libraries: libdb.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> > directory
>
> Downgrade libc6 to version 2.2.5-12 for now.

Thanks everybody for the fast response.  I downgraded to 2.2.5-6 (the
version in stable; I didn't find 2.2.5-12), and apache starts now.

Several other packages including gcc and gpp complain they want libc6 >=
2.2.5-13, but after a couple tries I managed to put libc6 and libc6-dev
on hold.  So I guess that'll do me until I have to compile something,
and then I can get the older gcc.  (Or maybe Apache will be recompiled
in the meantime...)

BTW, I've been using Debian since 1995, and used to follow debian-user
and debian-devel closely.  Then mail overload hit and I stopped
following the development.  I'm glad to see it's still going strong
and that highly knowledgeable ppl are still following the debian-user
list, which wasn't so much the case the last time I subscribed.