Determining kernel configuration from binary kernel installation

Hi,

I'm having a problem getting a wireless PCI card driver (linux-wlan-ng)
installed on my Debian/Woody system.

The driver requires that it get compiled with the source code of the kernel.
The problem is I have only the binaries for my kernel (2.4.14-k6).  I tried
downloading the 2.4.14 kernel from kernel.org and ran a "make config" on it
as well as "make deb" and then compiled the driver with it.  However, when I
start the driver, I get a lot of "unresolved symbols" errors.  According to
the FAQ for the driver, this is most likely because I didn't configure the
2.4.14 kernel the same way as the 2.4.14-k6 when it was compiled.

My question is this: how can I find out which configuration settings my
current kernel was compiled under so that I can configure the downloaded
kernel sources properly and get my driver compiled?

I hope this makes sense and that I'm on the right track with this.  I'm
pretty new to Linux and am open to suggestions for a different approach to
getting this driver installed.

Thanks.