Re: Starting X without a Gnome session

<quote who="Balazs Javor">
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to figure out the proper Debian way of chosing between
> different types of X sessions.

I am not certain if it is the "proper" way but the  "X" way would
be to put "exec /path/to/your/wm" in your ~/.xinitrc before running
startx. (display managers should honor this file as well).

i use afterstep so i do:
echo "exec `which afterstep`">~/.xinitrc

an easier way would be to use kdm which lets you select the kind
of session you want when your logging in. I hear that gdm allows
this as well, can't say from experience, my most recent experiece
with gdm was a couple years ago. i use kdm even though i dont use kde

nate