Re: cron ignores one task

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 09:21:44AM -0400, Bill Benedetto wrote:

>   Josep> I've got two tasks (shell scripts) programed under cron
>   Josep> to be executed periodically as root. The first one is
>   Josep> executed right but the second one is ignored.
>   Josep>
>   Josep> What is happening?
>
>   Sven> Do you have a blank line at the end?
>   Sven> You need one otherwise cron ignores the last job.
>
> I don't have a blank line at the end of *my* crontab.  And it
> works fine....
man crontab

BUGS
       Although cron requires that each entry in a crontab end in a newline character, the neither the crontab  command  nor  the  cron
       daemon  will  detect  this  error. Instead, the crontab will appear load normally. However, the command will never run. The best
       choice is to ensure that your crontab has a blank line at the end.

Are you sure? Do you use an alternativ cron implementation without
this "bug"?

Sven
--
>Lamer! :)\n Lokaler Admin mit enormen Rechten[tm]
[Christian Schneider und Jens Himmelrath in alt.hacker.org-gcf]
http://www.linux-secure.de http://www.linuxboard.de
http://www.bluephod.net http://www.disconow.de