PAM (Debian-pam)

Im planning to remove my pam, because i want to install the Linux-pam (src)
distro.
Because i want to compile my openssh(src) with pam support. I want to do
this
because openssh does not see the pam lib (It has error during configure)
*ill try to hack the makefile
maybe l8r*, well..

Now my problem is if i remove pam, it says it has dependency problems
because almost
all *login* binary depends on it, dpkg says so.

So if ever i really get mad and remove this libpam (debian-package), Will i
have any problem doing it?
I want to do it, But its a production machine.. Which i' can't..

root@panic:~# dpkg --list|grep pam
ii  libpam-modules 0.72-35        Pluggable Authentication Modules for PAM
ii  libpam-runtime 0.72-35        Runtime support for the PAM library
ii  libpam0g       0.72-35        Pluggable Authentication Modules library

Hope someone can help!!

=====
Thanks,
Louie Miranda...