cdrom / cdwriter mouting problem

Hi,

i'm running 3.0 testing/unstable. 2 hd's and 2 cd devices on the same bus
hdc is a LG 48X normal cdrom
hdd is a Benq (was acer?) 32x10x40 rewritable.
I use the 2.4.18-bf2.4 kernel and i can access the devices after insmod sg
and ide-scsi. I was able to get them working by reading the CD-Writing HOWTO
and by searching for this topic in the debian archives. But i still have a
problem with the writer.
Mounting a 650 MB cd with info on works ok. Trying to mount an empty
CD-RW of 700MB capacity or an empty CD-R gives this error:
==================
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/scd1,
       or too many mounted file systems
==================

Probably this error is normal when there is a blank cd in but shouldn't it
recognise the cd-rw or will it only recognise it after writing on it and
closing
the session?

Then i tried i cd-rw that i had written images to under windows. It mounted
without errors but i couldn't see the pictures files that where on it. In
order to
access it under win i have an app in de tray called InCD (UDP packet writing
software).

cdrecord -scanbus used to work without problems  as i didn't put the first
cdrom as append="hdc=ide-scsi" in my lilo.conf. Now i configure them
both as scsi.
This is the warning i get from cdrecord -scanbus
==================
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.22
cdrecord: Warning: controller returns wrong size for CD capabilities page.
==================

relevant Lilo.conf snippet:
==================
image=/vmlinuz
 label=Linux
 read-only
 append="apm=on apm=power-of idebas=33 hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi
                max_scsi_luns=1"
==================

fstab snippet:
==================
/dev/scd0 /cdrom   iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noauto  0       0
/dev/scd1 /cdrw     iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noauto  0       0

i also made the necessary links:
ln -s /dev/hdc  /dev/cdrom
ln -s /dev/hdd  /dev/cdrw

As mentioned, the first cd used to be this:
/dev/hdc    /cdrom   iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noauto  0       0

But i read somewhere that it's better to have them both as scsi if they
are on the same ide cable?

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks