Re: Multiple IPs on a single network interface

Once upon a time David De Graff said...
> I need to configure a woody server to run multiple IPs on a single ethernet
> interface. Have been digging and digging through the web and various docs,
> and don't see a clear answer.
>
> I'd appreciate any pointers to clear docs on this, or an explanation of how
> to configure it.

I believe all you need to do is configure the interface ethx:1.

eg. if you want to add another IP address to eth0, run this:
# ifconfig eth0:1 192.168.0.2 netmask 255.255.255.0

Substitute interface names and IP addresses accordingly.

If you need another IP address, configure interface ethx:2, etc.

This all works for me on unstable with kernel 2.4.18.

--
Cameron Hutchison (camh+dl@xdna.net) | Onward To Mars