Re: Multiple IPs on a single network interface

Louie,

Thanks for the info.

The doc that you mentioned says to load the IP Alias module, a step that
requires file ip_alias.o. That's not on my box, nor does it show up in
searches of package contents for any distribution. I've also searched for
package descriptions containing IP alias, and see nothing that looks like
what's needed.

The notes at http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/IP-Alias/mysetup.html also state
" IP Alias has been deprecated in 2.4.x and replaced by a more powerful
firewalling mechanism", but they don't explain that at all or point to any
relevant details.

This can't be that hard, and I'm surprised that clear documentation on seems
to be so well hidden. I see at least one area that I can work on to improve
the experience of using Linux.

Would appreciate any more info that you might have.

Best,

Dave