Re: Inline text editor?

On  0, Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for an editor that can read data data from STDIN until it
> receives an EOF, allow the user to edit it, then write the results back out
> to STDOUT.  In particular, I wish to decrypt a file with PGP, edit the
> plaintext results, then encrypt the edited version - without using temporary
> files.  I can't think of any particularly elegant means of doing so with my
> standard repertoire (vi, Emacs).  Has anyone else already solved this
> problem?

Why are temporary files not acceptable?  If there is a solid reason,
are FIFO pipes any better for your solution?

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by candlelight."
	- George Gobol

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au