Do cron commands have a time-limit?

Hi

I have a scrip which, when normally run by a user, take 9 hours to run. I
added it to the cron table to be executed periodically. Soon i recognized
that its not executed...
I added some logging to the script after each command one log line. I
recognized that the script _was_ executed by cron but not run to the end. It
ended there where the time consuming commands began. Now my question: Is
there a time-limit for commands executed by cron? If yes how can i turn it
off or alter that? If no what could the problem otherwhise be?

cheers,
Raffaele
--
Raffaele Sandrini <rasa@gmx.ch>