Re: Is there an apt-get install log?

On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 17:54, rich wrote:

> All,
>
> Is there a log anywhere that has a list of packages installed and
> their install dates?
> If not, what is a good way to completely back out of a package and
> all the installed dependencies?

To get a list of installed packages, you could just do

% dpkg --get-selections |grep install|grep -v deinstall|awk '{print $1}'

To view a packages dependencies, you could do

% apt-cache depends <package> |grep Depends |awk '{print $2}'

to remove them , you could probably try

% apt-cache depends <package> |grep Depends |awk '{print $2}' | apt-get
--purge remove

The above doesn't catch more than one level of dependency though.

I just hacked the above scripts together and do *not* consider myself an
export on these matters please so use at your own risk.

HTH,

Shri