lucent wavelan support

When compiling kernel for support of lucent wavelan (802.11 compliant)
pcmcia card, is it necessary to enable both pcmcia network device support and
wireless lan support (kernel 2.4.18)? It seems that there exist semi-redundant
options under those two headings. One does say 'non-802.11
compliant', which I wouldn't think would be the one I would need - but
that is in the 'pcmcia network device support' submenu, so this confuses
me :).

Sorry to ask a question that seemingly would have a logical,
straight-forward answer, but the machine lacks processing power and so I
did not want to begin the compilation
process until I knew definatively (and I have not been able to come-up
with an answer via Google or native docs, otherwise).

Thanks,
Joe