Re: Using a phone card with a modem

This works fine for me with the ATT prepaid phone card -
use the comma for ~ 2 second delay.  This is my chat script -

 ""     ATZ
 OK     ATM1L3S10=1
 TIMEOUT 120
 REPORT /usr/local/chat-log.txt
 SAY "Dialing Web Site\n"
 OK  ATDTXXXXXXXXXXX,,,1,,PPPPPPPPPPPP,,,,,1,,NNNNNNNNNN
 CONNECT

Where -

          XXXXXXXXXXX = 1-800 access number on back of phone card

          ,,,1,,    = delay waiting for computer to tell you to press
"1" for English instructions , followed by a delay waiting for computer
to tell you to enter your pin number.

          PPPPPPPPPPPP = pin number on phone card

          ,,,,,1,,   = delay waiting for computer to tell you to enter
one for domestic calls, followed by a wait for computer to tell you to
enter the area code + number you wish to dial.

          NNNNNNNNNN = area code + number you wish to dial

Paul Winkler