packet writing (CDRW) linux

Hi list,

A friend of mine recently showed me a feature in Windows XP where you
can drag and drop files to a CDRW folder and basically treat it as if
it were a floppy disk. So I was thinking that the same thing could be
done in Linux.

I did a little bit of searching and I found out about udftools. The
documentation says that I need to enable both UDF read and write support
in the kernel.

Well, I am using the 2.4.19 kernel, and I go to the filesystems section.
I see the UDF write option, marked kindly as DANGEROUS. I am hesitant to
try this out without further opinions.

Also, it looks like udftools only works with filesystems, and not CDRWs
directly? I am not exactly sure, so feel free to correct me if I am
wrong.

So basically I was wondering if any of you had experience or success
with UDF or packet writing.

Any advice is appreciated,

--
Titus Barik (barik@ieee.org)