Re: Anacron message

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 06:14:28PM -0500, Maya wrote:
> I keep getting the following a e-mail message from 'Anacron':
> /etc/cron.daily/leafnode:
>
> Leafnode must have a fully-qualified and globally unique domain name,
> not just "debian".
> Edit your /etc/hosts file to add a unique, fully qualified domain name.
> "localhost.localdomain" or thereabouts will not work;
> it's qualified, but not unique.
> /etc/cron.daily/leafnode: line 18:   413 Aborted                 su
> news -c
> "/usr/sbin/texpire" >/dev/null
>
> Can anyone, please, tell me what to do to resolve this problem?

Leafnode is a network news server, that downloads newsgroup messages
ready to be read locally.  I suspect if you don't know what it is, then
you're not using it.  In that case,
apt-get remove leafnode
and you're good to go.  If you do mean to run it, you'll need to fix
your domain name in /etc/hosts, as the message says.

- Chris