Re: Sharing .deb archives

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 01:59:48PM -0500, Jacob S. wrote:
> Does anyone know how I could share the archive of downloaded .deb files
> on my computer, with the other 4 debian boxes I have on my internal lan
> at my house? I have a dsl line, so it's not really a big problem to
> download the files multiple times, but it'd still be more convenient,
> especially when trying to upgrade from potato to woody. :-)

# apt-get install apt-proxy

Before I used apt-proxy, then I got around by nfs-exporting
/var/cache/apt (with no-root-squash). As long as only one machine is
running apt at any given time it should be OK. But I didn't like the
idea of NFS and root access, even on my tiny lan...

Another method is simply copying files from /var/cache/apt/archives
to /var/cache/apt/archives on the destination machine...

HTH
--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com