Re: 2.4.19 modules install failed

* Otto Parts <oparts@hotmail.com> wrote:
> The problem with building the 2.4.19 kernel in Debian right now is
> that modutils is out of date.  It's version 2.4.15 (even in unstable),
> which isn't working.  I alienated an RPM of the 2.4.19 modutils and
> installed it, and make-kpkg worked.  Haven't tried rebooting yet,
> that's next.

I thought the problem is with binutils, cause I realized that 'nm' makes
a System.map which lets depmod produce that unresolved-symbol-messages.

I've ignored that messages at the end of 'make modules_install', 'cause
the modules were installed though. Then copied the bzImage to /boot and
did reboot. The kernel came up without any problems and depmod was
silent. So I did (with the _new kernel running_):

make-kpkg kernel-image
cat /proc/ksyms >/usr/src/linux/System.map
make-kpkg kernel-image

At the second run, the deb-package builds.

Erwin