Re: VIM Auto Indent

scripsit Osamu Aoki:
> On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 09:58:48AM -0400, Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:
> > I am currently using VIM - Vi IMproved 6.1 and HATE how it uses
> > auto-tabbing. Basically if I add a file and indent it with a tab, after
> > I start a new line, vim auto-indents the next line with a tab.
> >
> > This is helpful at times, but when I try inserting large sections of
> > code, it really botches the hell out of it. Is there anyway to disable
> > this?
>
> I used to do
> :set noai
>
> but recently
>
> just press F11

I.e., you've mapped <F11> to 'set noai'?

':set paste' is really preferable to just ':set noai' -- 'paste'
includes 'noai', and also turn off wrapping and some other stuff which
you don't want in pasted text.

I like the idea of mapping this to an F-key, however.

--
Thanasis Kinias
Web Developer, Information Technology

Ash nazg durbatul�k, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatul�k agh burzum-ishi krimpatul