Re: [DEB-USER] Holiday arrangements

On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 05:15:02PM -0500, Richard Cobbe wrote:
> Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> writes:
> > On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 09:35:22AM -0500, Richard Cobbe wrote:
> > > I might be interested, subject to a couple of questions:
> > >   - would the volunteer need to be a debian maintainer?
> >
> > Only the existing listmasters can say, but I would imagine so, yes.
>
> Ah, well; counts me out, then.  (Not currently a Debian maintainer,
> though I've been thinking about moving that direction for a while.)

Check with listmaster@, though. People keen enough to volunteer are a
Good Thing.

I mostly think that you need to be a developer because part of the job
intrinsically involves privileged access to the list machines. If you
cared to start running through the new-maintainer process I'm sure
somebody could help ...