Re: [DEB-USER] Holiday arrangements

On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 09:35:22AM -0500, Richard Cobbe wrote:
> Tom Cook <tom.cook@adelaide.edu.au> writes:
> > Volunteers?
>
> I might be interested, subject to a couple of questions:
>   - would the volunteer need to be a debian maintainer?

Only the existing listmasters can say, but I would imagine so, yes.

>   - roughly how much effort are we looking at here?  In particular, would
>     this involve simply responding to posts to listmaster@lists, or would
>     the listmasters have to monitor the traffic for issues?

Even the former alone is a lot - I occasionally see listmasters talking
on IRC about having several thousand pending mails in their listmaster
mailboxes, although I don't know the time period involved.

Debian listmasters tend not to monitor traffic in a particularly
deliberate way as far as I can tell, although I'd expect them to be
otherwise active members of Debian.

(speaking only for myself and largely from observation, etc.)