Re: [OT] should . be followed by doublespace?

* Martin A. Hansen (maasha@image.dk) [020802 08:01]:
> hi
>

> wrapping with vim tends to make double space after .
>
> is that on purpose?  should there be double space after finished sentenses?

It seems everyone learned this differently.  The way _I_ learned it in
high school is that there is a difference between typewritten
(monospaced) documents and typeset (proportional spaced) documents.  In
general, the former refers to documents created on a typewriter, and the
latter on a computer.  The few differences I remember are that in a
monospaced font, a full stop gets 2 spaces after it, but in a
underlined in a typewritten text is italicized instead when typeset.
There are more, but I don't remember them off the top of my head.

So in the case of all of these monospaced emails, we should be giving 2
spaces after a period (full stop).  I usually don't, since all during
high school and college I developed the muscle memory of just using 1.
I'm working to better myself, though.  =)

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/