Re: Searching for Paul Johnson

Gary Turner <kk5st@swbell.net> [2002-08-02 09:39:21 -0500]:
> On Fri, 02 Aug 2002 01:36:24 -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> [...]
> >Time to switch ISPs.
>
> BS.  Let me repeat:  "Am I to dump my only reasonable dsl provider?"
[...Generally lots of heat deleted...]

Spam is a severe problem.  Let me be blunt.  I don't see how your
specific problems getting internet service should require others (me)
to be subjected to spam.  There will always be someone in the world
that has a hard time getting an internet connection.  That logic would
require everyone in the world to tolerate spam forever.  That is
unacceptable.  And you have good alternatives available for you so
that is not even a requirement.

Suggestion.  If you decide to live on an ISP that also harbors known
spammers then use a mail forwarder.  Your ISP gets you to the Internet.
The Internet gets you to your mail forwarder.  Your mail forwarder
gets mail to wherever you like.  Problem solved.  There are many good
forwarding sites on the network.  Many are free.  A few do charge.
But it would solve your problem.

This is not an endorsement for any particular forwarder.  But here are
a few off of the top of my head.  pobox.com qth.net ieee.org acm.org
and many more.  I see a lot of all of those addresses used by people
around the net.  I am sure if you were to ask people for good
forwarders you would get many good suggestions.

Bob