Re: xlib

Christian Schoenebeck wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 1. August 2002 20:05 schrieb Jianbo Wang:

Hi,

I installed woody with kernel of 2.2.20. i always got display
problem. When I use ssh to a host (in Redhat), DISPLAY is automaticaly set
and I can popup a Xwin. But I cannot do it in woody. When I su to root,
nomatter how I set DISPLAY, use xhost, I cannot popup a Xwin, and got the
following error:
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server

Any advice? Thanks!

I've never done that before, but AFAIK you have to activate X11 forwarding:

	X11Forwarding yes

in the config file(s) of sshd. And you need the 'magic cookie' ($home/.Xauthority) from the xservers machine to be allowed to connect an xclient to the xserver.

Hope that helps.

Christian

It has been my experience that you don't need to mess with the cookies, but yes, you do need to set X11Forwarding to yes in /etc/ssh/sshd_config (not ssh_config).

Then when you connect, don't use the command "ssh host@wherever.foo"; instead use the command "ssh -X host@wherever.foo".

Kent