is booting (a SW RAID1) from a second IDE controller possible?

Hi list,

I believe this is a BIOS limit but I hope I'm wrong. Here is my setup:

two small harddisks (2 and 3G) on /dev/hdb and /dev/hdc (I want to remove them if
I get this working)

two larger harddisks on /dev/hde and /dev/hdg (40G each)

BIOS only supports Harddisks up to 32G, so I can't use these disks on
the motherboard controller.

I got a PCI IDE Controller (EXSYS PCI EIDE 4HDD RAID 0/1 DMA 100
EX-3305) to work around this problem (much faster, also).
I don't use the RAID options of the controller.

I setup a software RAID 1 using partitions from hde and hdg.
Here is my mount setup:
/dev/md0 on /boot type ext3 (rw)
/dev/md1 on /home type ext3 (rw)
/dev/md2 on /usr type ext3 (rw)
/dev/md5 on /var type ext3 (rw)
/dev/md6 on /tmp type ext3 (rw)
/dev/md3 on /var/spool type ext3 (rw)
/dev/md7 on /usr/local/www type ext3 (rw)

The controller and the raid on the disks work fine, but I can't seem to find a way
to boot from these disks.

This is on a woody box using lilo.

The BIOS only lets me set the harddisks C, D, E, F (Windows naming
convention) as boot devices.

I don't want to have to use a boot floppy.

Any idea how I could manage to make this possible?

Thanks for any pointers!

Greetings,
--
Vinai