Re: Intel PRO100

At 2002-08-01T04:34:17Z, John Griffiths <john@capmon.com> writes:

> The main hurdle is getting someone knowledgeable to tell the befuddled user
> that eepro100 is the correct module, it's not self-evident.

That's probably true.  OTOH, I've been known to:

    $ cd /lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/drivers/net
    $ for i in *.o; do insmod $i; done

when dealing with unknown NICs.  Then, just keep rmmod'ing the until you
can't ping out any more, and you've found your driver.  Of course, the
machine hung roughly half the time I tried it, so it's probably not a good
practice for playing with remote servers.
--
Kirk Strauser
The Strauser Group - http://www.strausergroup.com/