Re: How to build an apt-repository from a CD set

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002 11:02:39 +1000,
Chris Kenrick <chrisk@aurema.com> wrote:
> Given that hard drives are getting substantially large, it's now quite
> practical to store 7 CDs worth of Woody on the hard drive, rather than
> shuffling CDs.  In the past my attempts to cajole the CDs into a usable
> apt repository on the hard drive haven't worked.  Any ideas how to do
> this, or tools that do it?
Make an empty directory, copy your CDs into it,
then run apt-ftparchive (in apt-utils) to generate
Packages.gz and Sources.gz .

--
Oohara Yuuma <oohara@libra.interq.or.jp>
Debian developer

her occasionally near suicidal sense of loyal self-sacrifice
--- Luke Seubert, about what Rei Ayanami and Debian developers have in common