configuring gallery problem

Hi all,

I'm trying to start play gallery (php engine for web albums),
First I run
/usr/share/gallery/configure.sh  #runs well
then I point my mozilla to mysite.cz/gallery
for gallery from woody it's OK
for gallery from sarge and sids, it's complainig that I'm using old configurator and should rerun configure.sh

I setup few values and want to save them ....
Opppss

Warning: MkDir failed (No such file or directory) in /usr/share/gallery/classes/gallery/UserDB.php on line 34
Error: Unable to create dir:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /usr/share/gallery/classes/gallery/UserDB.php on line 94

I got this error in all gallery versions (woody,sarge,sid)

My config is as defaults:
$gallery->app->userDir = "/var/www/albums/.users";

I'm running woody.

Where might be problem?

		Regards, Mirek