Re: How Do I download Debian from the net

On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 19:35, Steve Juranich wrote:
> > I am fairly new to Linux and I would like to out
> > Debian on my new PC. I have been to the installation
> > site but I still can't tell what or how to download.
> > It will be going on a Windows box so is there anything
> > I need to know about how to make it work. Thanx,
> > Kristen (new to this stuff :P )
>
> Try: http://www.debian.org/CD/
>
> If you really need the full CD iso's, then http://www.linuxiso.org is a good
> place to go, too.  You can have your pick of woody or potato from that site.

If you have ADSL or cable modem, then the woody-i386-1.iso from
olemiss.edu might be your best bet.  It's a minimal install
that then gets all of the "other stuff" automagically from
the internet.

http://www.debian.org/CD/
http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/
http://www.phy.olemiss.edu/debian-cd/

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment |
|  by men of zeal, well-meaning, but without understanding."      |
|   Justice Louis Brandeis, dissenting, Olmstead v US (1928)      |